Thursday, September 30, 2010

Oregon Trip Sept. 2010

I truly enjoyed my 10 days in my Home state or Oregon; though the time passed all to quickly as vacations always do I was blessed with spending all my time with family.

My journey began with an airplane full of CornHuskers in route to Seattle for the Nebraska/Washington game. Since I was going to Portland, many of them switched flights in Phoenix. Several of them stayed on and had made plans to ride the train up from Portland; a beautiful trip I am sure.

Miss Meg picked me up at PDX after being lost by poor directions from her "Garmin". It seems that she used plenty of car fixen words in the process; but she found me.

We had a great night with my dear friend Kathleen; but Debra was not able to make it... The time with Kat was so great and getting to for only the night was all we could do, as we had a mission to be in Forest Grove to help the bride pack for the trip to Prineville, OR. to help set up for the wedding.

The mountain cabin where the wedding took place was a dream come true. The photos' will be shared soon. A little adventuring to Smith Rock, Bend, Newberry Obsidian flow, Paulina Lake, Paulina Falls.

Also a trip to the coast via Bear Camp Road to Otter Point, Stout Grove and other areas in between.

I sure miss home! Nebraska just can't hold a candle to the beauty of Oregon. But, I am here.

Some time I will share pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment